As with almost anything tech-related, the humble office productivity suite has become an advanced piece of software. This is especially true with Microsoft’s Office 365, which integrates a lot of features into a cloud-based service, with enough pricing options to make it a fit for nearly any budget. If you use Office 365, you know that there are robust security features, including the option to be prompted to change your password every 90 days. Using this type of reminder is a great way to help keep your work secure.
Here’s how you can change your Office 365 password and update it on all your devices and programs.
Before the password expires
- Open your Office 365 portal in your web browser. You should be able to access it by navigating to portal.microsoftonline.com.
- Log in and click My Profile which is located in the top-right of the screen near your name.
- Click Change password and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Sign in to your Web based email app and ensure that you can connect to your account. You will be asked to type a new password when you navigate to the website.
- OPTIONAL: Navigate to the email account settings on your mobile device and select your Office 365 account. From there you should be able to change your password to the one you entered in the portal above. It’s recommended that you change the password on all devices you use to connect to Office 365. If you don’t use Office 365 on your mobile device, you can skip this step.
If you ignore or miss the update notification and fail to update your password, the password will expire. When this happens, you will have to go to portal.microsoftonline.com and try to log in with your username and password. You should see a message saying that your password has expired, along with a prompt to update it. Follow the steps to update your password, and be sure to follow steps four and five above.
There are many great features offered as part of Microsoft Office 365. If you are looking to update from an older version of Office and are interested in a great office software suite, please contact us, we can help.