5 things we can do as leaders to enable better communication
- Invest in better Cameras! Great cameras like the Logitech C930E that we recommend aren't available right now. We need to plan for this and look ahead. Working via video conference is not likely to go away anytime soon.
- Teach better lighting and staging! We need to help our teams understand how they look on these video conferences. Our teams may need help figuring out better spaces to communicate from.
- Better Sound! If your sound is not good, why are we even having a conference? Especially for someone who is leading a conference. There is some amazing software that can help with background noise such as Krisp.ai. For only $5/month (or less!) it will completely cancel unwanted background sounds such as dogs barking, kids playing and lawnmowers.
- Let's talk about developing our team's presentation skills. One simple thing that can improve the professionalism of your team's presentations is being prepared an having everything they want to share pre-loaded on their screen alongside knowing where their share screen button is.
- Better internet speeds. We've all seen way too many blurry/cutting in and out screens over the last couple of months when bandwidth is challenged. Encourage your employees to upgrade their internet plans. It's likely they can get faster speeds (maybe even for the same or a lower price)!
Focus on Tech is part of the Focus on Business TV show. The segment shared above features Jeff Dettloff. Focus on Business is presented by WLNS Channel 6 and is created in partnership with Inverve Marketing, Inc and the Small Business Association of Michigan.