When Apple released their new operating system iOS 7, many people anticipated the arrival of a range of new products, and Apple does not disappoint. Apple’s latest press release revealed the new iPad mini, with Retina display, and its bigger, thinner and lighter sibling, the iPad Air. As always, the new iPads are easy on the eyes, but do they really have what it takes to stand up to the competition?
Apple iPad Mini with Retina
The new iPad mini with retina display is available in a range of options. Clearly an improvement on its predecessor, Apple pulled out all the stops to increase its efficiency and functionality, with a new powerful architecture, remarkable responsiveness and an updated operating system.
- Operating system – iOS 7 appears to have been specifically designed with the new iPad range in mind. A comparison to previous models illustrates a crystal clear and smooth operating platform.
- Processor – The operating system benefits from the new iPad mini’s 64-bit A7 processor, making light and fast work of heavy apps and giving you greater performance on the go with everything you do.
- Screen size – At 7.9 inches, the display size is no different than its predecessor. What makes the difference is the 2048 x 1536 screen resolution that enables the new iPad mini to produce razor sharp text and richer graphics.
- Memory and storage – At 1GB Ram there is more than enough memory to run apps without any concern. The new iPad mini starts from 16GB of storage space with options available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
- Battery life – Remaining at an impressive ten hours of battery life, the new iPad mini with retina display can hold it’s own against the competition.
- Price and availability – The new iPad mini with retina display is starting to become available in late November, just in time for Christmas, and with a starting price of $399 demand is likely to be high.
Apple iPad Air
Never failing to deliver, Apple updated the new iPad Air with its powerful A7 chip. This means the iPad Air can handle more, bigger programs at the same time without any compromise in speed, functionality or battery life. Weighing in at just one pound it still packs a punch as the bigger brother to the iPad mini.
- Operating system – The new iPad Air truly breaks the boundaries of accessibility. Enhanced speed and performance are the products of iOS 7 and this is apparent in everyday use with the iPad Air.
- Processor – The remarkably responsive nature of the A7 chip with 64-bit architecture produces unparalleled speed and precision. Work, play and creation has never been more accessible.
- Screen size – Apple’s philosophy of keeping things simple is certainly apparent in the 9.7 inch retina display screen size. It displays a visual feast by delivering a million more pixels than HDTV.
- Memory and storage – The memory will definitely be able to handle the most gruesome of tasks and hardcore gamers need not to be worried. In line with the iPad Mini, the iPad Air is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
- Battery life – With a thinner, lighter feel, and more powerful processor, users will be pleased to know that there has been no compromise to its ten hours of battery life.
- Price and availability – Prices start from $499 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model or $629 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular 16GB Model. The new iPad Air is also in stock now.
If you’re looking to learn more about the latest of Apple’s treats, please contact us today to see how we can help.