Information Technology Consultant – Level 1
Current employment opportunities at Providence include openings for Level 1 IT Consultants. Contact us today to apply.
Provide business-process solutions to customer problems using information technology tools and skills. Provide phone and onsite representation and client support services for clients in Lansing, MI and surrounding areas.
2-year IT degree or a degree in progress. Must be able to communicate professionally with our clients and staff (both verbally and in writing) using appropriate language for the audience. Must possess a strong understanding of our client’s business issues. Must exhibit excellent organizational and presentation skills. Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time. Possess a thorough knowledge of all products and services offered by Providence Consulting. Must be highly organized, a self-starter, independent worker, and aggressive in achieving results. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must possess proven customer support experience and demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships and solve client problems.
- Provide general implementation, support, administration and management of Windows XP/Vista/7 workstations, Windows 2003/2008/2011 servers, and all related services such as Exchange, IIS, ISA Server, WSUS, SQL Server, etc.
- Provide daily ongoing support for multiple client networks both onsite and remotely by managing computers, users and domains, providing hardware and software installation, maintaining onsite and offsite backups, maintaining antivirus & antispam solutions, and troubleshooting problems.
- Provide general implementation, support, administration and management of Symantec backup and security software, ShadowProtect and EMC backup software, as well as other server based network administration tools.
- Design and support LAN and WAN routing and connectivity in both simple and complex environments.
- Provide one-on-one and small group user training on operating system and software usage.
- Suggest potential improvements to a client’s technical infrastructure relative to security, business continuity, service delivery, etc.
- Provide sales engineering support as requested to help close a technically complex sale.
- Provide and maintain client documentation, diagrams, drawings, etc.
- Adhere to and be guided by the SAGE Code of Ethics in all professional dealings.
- Devote adequate time to maintaining professional, human relation, and technical skills.
- Be friendly, likeable and caring in order to maintain excellent rapport and strong business relationship with all clients.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of assigned work area.
Note: The above listed duties are intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be considered as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
Physical demands: This position may require some or all of the following physical demands on a daily basis: Lifting, stooping, kneeling, talking and hearing. Good corrected near vision is important. In addition, this position may be exposed to noise and vibration, 120/240 VAC electrical circuits, low voltage electrical circuits, odors and fumes, non-toxic substances, and wet and/or humid conditions.
Tools Used: A wide variety of hand tools and software tools will be used to fulfill the job duties.
Misc. This position will require use of the jobholder’s personal vehicle for the performance of company business. Mileage will be reimbursed at a rate set by Providence company policy. Some late night, weekend and/or overtime hours may be required. The jobholder may be required to attend company paid educational seminars. The jobholder may be required to carry a pager and/or cell phone. Limited out-of-town travel with overnight stays may be required.